Saturday, March 30, 2013

Quarter Live Crisis

220 lbs, broke, and still in school. This is NOT how I saw my life going. Granted I'm glad it didn't go the way I had planned. Growing up I just wanted to be a stay-at-home-mom. I only went to college because I didn't have anyone to marry. Now I've swung the other way. I'm not sure if I want kids at all. I'd like to get married, but in a few years. Give me time to finish school then live on my own and travel. I'm just sick of school. I feel behind. Sometimes I meet people and they ask me what year I am. My answer is something like this, "Well I'm twenty-three and I have a year and a half left of a two year program. It will take me about five years to get a two year degree."

I feel defeated. I feel like I make two steps forward and one step back. I've given up. My new mottos are, "O well," and "I don't care." I'm calling it my quarter life crisis. My life has always been about goals for the future. I remember being a kid and thinking that when I reached high school that I would need to get good grades so that I could go to a good college. I'm pretty self-motivated. Not so much lately. I have played hooky for about a week. I didn't study for a week because I just didn't care. I would tell myself things like, "If I don't study I won't pass this class. I would have to take it again during the summer. I'd rather work had now then for all my work so far to go drain. I don't want to start over...again." No matter what I told myself I just didn't care. My response to myself was, "O well if I fail. O well if I never graduate." I also got pulled over. I got a little nervous, but the kind you get when you are worried you might lose a game. Getting pulled over was a game to me. I said to myself, "What if I get a ticket? O well. I don't care."

My life goal has changed to having fun. (Not for real, but that is how I'm acting lately.) I just spend money, eat, watch movies, and hangout with people. Here are some pictures to describe what I've been doing and how I feel.

Got a mani for the heck of it. I've never done that before.



























No comments:

Post a Comment