Saturday, March 16, 2013

Update On My Barf

So I decided to drop both class and clinicals. I've decided to go back to work. I'm getting used to the idea that I'll be in school even longer. I don't like the idea of going back to work, but I'll be happy to see everyone. To sum up, I'm dealing.

So in the spirit of dealing I'm having a quarter life crisis. I got my ear pierced on a whim.
Which one is not like the others?
It was awesome to do something without planning for once. I was this close to getting a tiny star tattoo. I might have if I wasn't so broke. Also for my quarter life crisis I want to redecorate my room, the bathroom, the kitchen/dinning/living room, and the rest of the world. I also want to travel. Like road-trip/ backpack across Europe/hitchhike anywhere kind of travel. So not like a weekend in Duluth. Along with my tattoo I won't be redecorating or traveling due to being broke. I used to be so good with my money, but not so much anymore. I think I just kept telling myself that when I graduate I'll be making bank, but I feel like I'm never going to graduate. So I've kinda been like, "screw it." I never did the whole rebelious thing so I guess I'm making up for lost time. Spending money I don't have on BA things like a 7th hole in my ear.


Anyway on the health front my nurse practitioner thinks that I just have heart burn. So now I'm taking meds for heartburn everyday. I'm hoping that this will turn around when I lose weight. On the losing weight front I've been thinking about clean eating. It seems extreme. I've always thought that weight loss depends on the amount of calories in verses calories out. However the more I read about clean eating the more it makes sense. Maybe I'm just desperate for something, anything that could help me to lose weight. I'm an all or nothing person even though my philosophy is everything in moderation. I've always made weight loss decisions based on moderation. That clearly doesn't work. Maybe I should embrace my natural tendencies. With only having one class I should have more free time. In my all or nothing way I think I've decided to do two workouts a day and eat 1200-1500 calories a day. I'll also be switching my pantry and freezer to clean eating status. I'm scared. Isn't that what addicts say?

And again to end on a lighter note I've been watching The Incredibles as I wright. This guy is my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment