Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Grrrr

I'm pretty freakin' crabby! After losing a pound I then had two bad days. I didn't panic. I just decided that I would do better the rest of the weekend. Wrong. It was a long, busy, exhausting weekend. I worked forty-one hours in three days. One night I got four hours of sleep. Not four solid hours, mind you. Due to that, all I wanted was comfort food; muffins, pizza, cake, and other cake-like-things. So, that's what I had minus the pizza only because it wasn't available.
I'm quitting my overnight job so I should get more sleep soon. I'm hoping that will help. I blame my overnight job for my weight gain in the last few months. I take a fatty sugary snack, also known as comfort food, to work to eat before I go to sleep. How else do you unwind... at work? Then, because I'm tired, I eat like that all day. I work every other weekend and some Thursday nights. This adds up to six to eight nights a month eating this way. No wonder I'm the heaviest I've ever been!


 I'm going to start packing meals to bring to work. This probably doesn't sound weird to you, but, it is at my job. I work with mostly college students who love a free meal. I've even had co-workers tell me they plan how much money they need for groceries based on how many free meals they will get at work. The food is usually really good too. The fridge is packed with the house's food and the clients lunch boxes so I feel bad stuffing my food in there. But, my plan is to bring my own yummy food. I'll already know the calories and won't have to figure it out. I also have an awesome, pretty, insulated, lunch bag so I don't have to stuff it in the fridge 

I have three more overnight shifts left. So, with that job done and bringing my own food to my day job, I should see some changes!

One of those days I was cooking like crazy I made this let down of a pizza. The crust was made from cauliflower. It was gross.

Lunch on the go: two hard boiled eggs and a smoothie for 370 calories! High in protein, two servings of fruit, and a serving of dairy!

No comments:

Post a Comment