Monday, August 13, 2012

Week 1

Keep in mind that I'm very high while writing this.(From exercise that is. Don't do drugs and stay in school.) I just did day three of Insanity. This is my second time doing this. It brings me back to basketball practice. I remember one of my first practices. I thought I was going to faint or throw up. I learned to love that feeling. I haven't had anything quite like it until I found Insanity. Shaun T, the maker of Insanity, yells at me, but is still encouraging, just like my first basketball coach. When I've mastered Insanity (which will take a few rounds) I want to do The Asylum. On a side note, I'll be marrying Shaun T.

I don't know if Shaun T will want to marry me if this is what I look like after doing his workout (day 1). This is my "I'm so high I don't care how stupid I look" look.
Maybe when he sees my super cute cross-training shoes he'll propose!

One reason I love Insanity is that it burns fat like a bonfire burns marshmallows. You don't even try then all of a sudden you're burnt. Last time I did Insanity someone asked me if I lost weight. I said, "I doubt it. That's the plan, but I haven't been doing anything but Insanity." Which brings me to this week.

I ate like a pig this weekend. There were cookies at work. I love cookies. They were Reese's Pieces peanut butter cookies. I love Reese's. So I was actually a little crabby when I saw them. I went the whole day on Friday without eating them. Then I had three. Same thing on Saturday. Sunday after church I went out for lunch. You can eat healthy when you go out to eat, but not in Lake Crystal. There are two bar-and-grills and a Dairy Queen. Don't tell me to have a salad. By the time I have a salad I like it is so many calories I should have just had the cheese burger. So I had chips and dip. Then I went to my parents house. I ate a bunch of zucchini bread. Then I went out for Mexican. You can eat healthy when you go out for Mexican. My problem is I want a lot cheese when I have Mexican.

Monday I got back on the wagon. I even went to a pizza party at work. I had two small slices. I didn't have any chips or pop. I did the first day of Insanity. Tuesday I did a LOT of cooking. I froze three meals for when I don't have time to cook. I made Almond-crusted Chicken, Yogurt Chicken, and a thing I recreated from work. I've been calling it, "That Roll Thing." I have two things marinating that I'll make today (Parmesan Chicken and Greek Fish) These are all new recipes so we'll see if they are good.

Almond-crusted Chicken
Yogurt Chicken


That Roll Thing

I also roasted edamame for a snack for later.


Today I didn't want to get out of bed just because today is Weigh Day. When I finally did face the music I was pleasantly surprised to see that I lost exactly a pound! Now you see why I love Insanity. Because I reached my goal I get my reward! I'm going to buy supplies to make my own version of pounds to lose/pounds lost jars.

I'm off to shower and cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment