Friday, May 10, 2013

AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge: Day 2 Purposely Untilted

When I was thinking about what to call this post I came up with "Screw-day Tuesday" then I realized that it is Friday. So I'll let you name this post. Today did not go as well as yesterday. I overslept so I didn't have breakfast until 11 am. I did something to my back at 11:30 am. From 11:30 to 1 pm I did five things. I made an appointment with my chiropractor. I text my co-workers to see if anyone would work for me at 2 pm. I called my supervisor to give her a heads up. I also packed food for work in the event that I was going to work anyway. Lastly I showered.

At 1:30 my chiropractor said that she wouldn't let me work. At 2 pm I was at work giving my supervisor directions on how to do the things I couldn't do. I forgot my food in my car. By the time I got to it I was starving and it was at a dangerous temperature. I ate the almonds and had a spark. I ate the pizza that was being served for dinner. Then I felt sick. Thankfully someone was coming in to cover for me at 6:30 pm. I went home to change into my sweat pants. I iced my back and took ibuprofen and ate grapes.

After about 30 min of icing I was a new person. I packed some fresh food and came to my parents to see visiting family. They were having Mexican. I had left over quinoa, peppers, and fish. Tomorrow is my 3 year old cousin's birthday party. We'll see how that goes.

In the spirit of a new way of thinking I'm not going to think
  •  Since I ate the pizza I should just give up and eat whatever I want the rest of the day.
  •  I can't eat healthy.
  •  If I don't do this perfectly why do it at all.
Things I will think
  •  On the bright side I resisted the temptation to also eat the cookies at work.
  • I also didn't binge on pizza. I had one serving to tide me until I got home to my healthy food.
  • I ate healthy the rest of the day.
  • I didn't have any simple sugars yesterday.
  • I didn't have any sweets today. 
  • I didn't have a bed time snack last night or tonight.
  • I've been less picky about my food, especially grapes.
  • This is a long term change. Today was a crazy day. There will be other crazy days. Today I did the best I could. One serving of pizza isn't going to ruin everything.











No comments:

Post a Comment